CHILDREN, ADOLESCENTS, AND FAMILIES
I’m passionate about working with children and adolescents ranging in ages from birth to eighteen years old. Using an eclectic approach to treatment, I see positive results when using interventions and modalities that are tailored to the specific needs of my clients.
I find using cognitive behavioral therapy, psychodynamic treatment, and play therapy beneficial in reducing behaviors and symptoms that get in the way of my clients daily functioning. Furthermore, I am trained and certified in Child Parent Psychotherapy (CPP), Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), and Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) which are evidence based treatments that have a positive reputation in the mental health community.
In addition to working with children and adolescents in a dyadic and individual mode, I offer family therapy. My family therapy sessions are intended to enhance communication between family members, manage dysfunction and change destructive behavior patterns, and help to create a more cohesive family dynamic.
Below is a list of some of the mental health disorders and concerns that I treat:
• Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
• Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
• Tantrums and difficulty self-regulating
• Physical and verbal aggression
• Academic Struggles/Homework Refusal
• Attachment and Separation Issues
• Adjustment and Coping Difficulties
• Family Relational Problems including Divorce and Separation
• Trauma related to abuse and neglect
• Self-Injurious Behavior